Reopening the Library
July 1, 2020
July 3, 2020
July 10, 2020
July 24, 2020
Lakewood Public Library’s Administration and Board of Trustees puts the safety and well-being of its patrons and staff as its highest priority and has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and heeding all guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control, the Ohio Governor’s Office, the Cuyahoga County Board of Health and the United States Institute of Museum and Library Services.
In addition, Lakewood Public Library utilized Cleveland Clinic’s COVID-19 consulting services to determine the best practices to safely resume operations.
Lakewood Public Library Main Library and Madison Branch resumed in-person services on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. We are currently open with reduced hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Visiting the Library – What to Expect
- All patrons must enter the Library using the south patron entrance at both the Main Library and Madison Branch.
- All patrons two years of age and older must wear a face covering while in the Library. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided to you. Patrons who do not wish to wear a face covering can call ahead to have items pulled and can be assisted at the drive-through window at the Main Library or curbside service at the Madison Branch.
- All patrons are asked to respect social distancing guidelines by maintaining a six feet distance from other patrons and staff.
- The Technology Center at the Main Library and the Fedor Center at the Madison Branch will be unavailable until further notice.
- The Children’s Libranium and Computer Connections areas at the Main Library will be unavailable until further notice.
- All items are to be returned in a book return slot. Staff may not accept returns from patrons.
Safety practices we have put in place include:
- All returned materials are quarantined for four days before being discharged and re-shelved.
- Although returned materials will continue to appear on patrons’ account while in quarantine, patrons do not incur overdue charges during this time.
- All service desks have plexiglass guards and stanchions in place to help maintain social distancing.
- All water fountains are unavailable.
- Library furniture has been rearranged to help promote opportunities for social distancing.
- All Library programming is suspended until further notice.
- Library staff stop once per hour to clean and sanitize their work station.
- Library staff clean and sanitize high touch public areas multiple times a day.
- Library staff are required to participate in a daily health assessment at the beginning of each shift.
- Library staff are required to wear a face covering at all times while working.
- Library staff are
directed to stay home if they have any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we work to re-open in the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic.