Reopening the Library
July 1, 2020
July 3, 2020
July 10, 2020
July 24, 2020
August 12, 2020
October 5, 2020
November 16, 2020
November 20, 2020
Main Library has expanded its hours and is now open
Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Madison Branch is open Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We Are Here To Serve You
Lakewood Public Library’s Administration and Board of Trustees puts the safety and well-being of its patrons and staff as its highest priority. We hired Dr. Amanda Hagen from the Cleveland Clinic, who surveyed our operations, inspected both of our buildings and approved our safety measures. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 crisis and to follow the guidelines of the Cleveland Clinic, the Ohio Department of Health and the United States Institute of Museum and Library Services to shape and manage our safety protocols.
Lakewood Public Library’s Administration and Board of Trustees puts the safety and well-being of its patrons and staff as its highest priority and has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and heeding all guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control, the Ohio Governor’s Office, the Cuyahoga County Board of Health and the United States Institute of Museum and Library Services.In addition, Lakewood Public Library utilized Cleveland Clinic’s COVID-19 consulting services to determine the best practices to safely resume operations.
Lakewood Public Library Main Library and Madison Branch resumed in-person services on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. We are currently open with reduced hours. The Main Library is open Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Friday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Madison Branch is open Monday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Face Coverings Required
While visiting the Library, all patrons two years of age and older must properly wear a face covering at all times that covers the nose, mouth and chin. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided to you. Patrons who do not wish to wear a face covering can call ahead to have items pulled and can be assisted at the drive-through window at the Main Library or curbside service at the Madison Branch.
Returned Items Are Quarantined
The Library is adhering to the safety protocols for the safe handling of returned library materials established by the United States Institute of Museum and Library Services. The Library continues to quarantine returned materials for a minimum of four days. During this time, items will still show as checked out to your library account. After the quarantine period, all items are checked in as of the day they were returned, so no overdue fees are accrued.
Our Physical Space
As the pandemic changes, we continue to reevaluate our physical spaces as well as our cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
- Library staff stop once per hour to clean and sanitize their work station and service desks.
- Library staff clean and sanitize high touch public areas multiple times a day.
- All service desks have plexiglass guards and stanchions in place to help maintain social distancing.
- All water fountains remain unavailable.
- Library furniture has been rearranged to help promote opportunities for social distancing.
- Library staff are required to participate in a daily health assessment at the beginning of each shift.
- We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we continue to focus on keeping our patrons and staff safe while serving our community.
Visiting the Library – What to Expect
- All patrons must enter the Library using the south patron entrance at both the Main Library and Madison Branch.
- All patrons are asked to respect social distancing guidelines by maintaining a six feet distance from other patrons and staff.
- The Technology Center at the Main Library and the Fedor Center at the Madison Branch will be unavailable until further notice.
- The Children’s Libranium and Computer Connections areas at the Main Library will be unavailable until further notice.
- All items are to be returned in a book return slot. Staff may not accept returns from patrons.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we work to re-open in the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic.