Reopening the Library
July 1, 2020
July 3, 2020
July 10, 2020
July 24, 2020
August 12, 2020
October 5, 2020
In addition, Lakewood Public Library utilized Cleveland Clinic’s COVID-19 consulting services to determine the best practices to safely resume operations.
Lakewood Public Library Main Library and Madison Branch resumed in-person services on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. We are currently open with reduced hours, Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Visiting the Library – What to Expect
- All patrons must enter the Library using the south patron entrance at both the Main Library and Madison Branch.
- All patrons two years of age and older must wear a face covering while in the Library. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided to you. Patrons who do not wish to wear a face covering can call ahead to have items pulled and can be assisted at the drive-through window at the Main Library or curbside service at the Madison Branch.
- All patrons are asked to respect social distancing guidelines by maintaining a six feet distance from other patrons and staff.
- The Technology Center at the Main Library and the Fedor Center at the Madison Branch will be unavailable until further notice.
- The Children’s Libranium and Computer Connections areas at the Main Library will be unavailable until further notice.
- All items are to be returned in a book return slot. Staff may not accept returns from patrons.
Safety practices we have put in place include:
- All returned materials are quarantined for four days before being discharged and re-shelved.
- Although returned materials will continue to appear on patrons’ account while in quarantine, patrons do not incur overdue charges during this time.
- All service desks have plexiglass guards and stanchions in place to help maintain social distancing.
- All water fountains are unavailable.
- Library furniture has been rearranged to help promote opportunities for social distancing.
- All Library programming is suspended until further notice.
- Library staff stop once per hour to clean and sanitize their work station.
- Library staff clean and sanitize high touch public areas multiple times a day.
- Library staff are required to participate in a daily health assessment at the beginning of each shift.
- Library staff are required to wear a face covering at all times while working.
- Library staff are
directed to stay home if they have any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we work to re-open in the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic.