The Ohio eBook Project and Using OverDrive
Lakewood Public Library has joined the Ohio eBook Project. Patrons may download audiobooks, eBooks and more from your home computer, cell phone, iPod or eBook reader.
Can't Find the Books You Want?
Every Ohioan is welcome to download free eBooks and more from the SEO Consortium. Don't worry about the name! SEO just means "Serving Every Ohioan." Click on the logo to get started. You can also access SEO from the Ohio eBook Project page.
What You Need
- An Internet connection via PC, Mac, or select mobile devices.
- A valid library card and your PIN number.
- Free, required software available at the project's website: OverDrive Media Console, Adobe Digital Editions
- For audiobooks on PC, Mac, and mobile devices: OverDrive Media Console.
- For PDF and EPUB eBooks on PC, Mac, and many eBook devices: Adobe Digital Editions.
How It Works
Step 1: Browse
- Browse the library's website at www.lakewoodpubliclibrary.org/ebooks.
- Search by title, subject, author, or format.
Step 2: Check Out
- Add selections to your 'Cart'. Note: If a title is not available, you may place a hold. You'll receive and email when the title is available.
- Click on the 'Proceed to Checkout' link.
Step 3: Download... enjoy!
- Click the 'Download' button under each title to launch the software. See 'What You Need' (above) for required software.
- Once downloaded, enjoy immediately or transfer to a variety of devices, including iPod, Sony Reader, and other devices.
Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees!
New to downloadable media? Using this service is easy! To help you get started, please take a guided video tour of the Ohio eBook Project. In just a few minutes, you can learn how to browse, check out, and download the titles available at this site!
Need More Help?
Learn about Lakewood Public Library's free eBook classes on our class page.